- Remove bolt caps covering the seat fasteners.
- Look underneath the seat, you should see a mounting nut that holds the screw and seat in place.
- Unfasten the bolts and use the screwdriver to unwound the screw.
- Take out the nuts and screws.
- Now take out the toilet seat and wipe down with a piece of cloth or paper towel.
How do you loosen a toilet seat lid?
About This Article – Article Summary X If you need to remove a toilet seat, use your fingers or a screwdriver to pry off the plastic covers at the back of the seat. Once you’ve exposed the screw that holds the seat in place, use your fingers or a pair of pliers to hold the nut in place, and unscrew the bolt with a screwdriver.
How do you remove a metal bolt from a toilet seat?
Removing Older Toilet Seats The metal bolts are part of the toilet seat hinge hardware. Simply unscrew the nut from the attached bolt. Corroded bolts and nuts are harder to detach. To remove the nut from the seat hinge bolt, use a long socket and socket wrench to unscrew the nut.