Here are the best compact SUVs of 2020, ranked.
- 1) Toyota RAV4 — 4.8/5 — $25,950.
- 2) Honda CR-V — 4.8/5 — $24,450.
- 3) Mazda CX-5 — 4.6/5 — $25,190.
- 4) Subaru Forester — 4.6/5 — $24,495.
- 5) Kia Sportage — 4.4/5 — $23,990.
- 6) Chevrolet Equinox — 4.4/5 — $23,800.
- 7) GMC Terrain — 4.4/5 — $25,000.
What is the best small SUV of the year 2020?
Much of the growth in SUV sales has been driven by compact crossovers, as buyers search for tougher-looking, higher-riding alternatives to traditional compact hatches and sedans. Along with long-running nameplates like Honda’s HR-V, there are myriad interesting new models competing for a slice of the pie with intriguing looks, a sporty drive, and a raft of personalisation options.
Remember the original Honda HR-V? It was quite a radical car in its time. You could even get a two-door version with a cool spoiler sprouting from the roof rails. The latest HR-V takes a very different approach. It isn’t the sexiest compact crossover going around, but Honda’s clever Magic Seats mean it has plenty to offer practical buyers.
Priced between $24,990 and $34,590 before on-road costs, the entire HR-V range is powered by the same 1.8-litre petrol engine making 105kW and 172Nm, which is mated with a CVT transmission. It won’t set your pulse racing, but if low-fuss, practical motoring is your thing, the little Honda has plenty to offer.
- Thought Toyota didn’t do styling? Think again.
- Launched in 2016, the C-HR started the brand’s move away from inoffensive looks and a vanilla driving experience.
- Icking off at $26,990 before on-road costs and running to $35,290, the C-HR is one of the pricier entrants to this segment, but it wades into battle with a generous helping of standard equipment.
Power comes from a 1.2-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine combined with a choice of manual or CVT transmissions. All-wheel drive is available as well, while a hybrid will join the line-up later in 2019. Based on the latest Toyota chassis, it’s surprisingly fun to drive, too.
It’s not without fault, though, with that stylish windowline and angular limiting outward visibility. What price fashion? With a unique exterior, sharp pricing and expansive range, the Kona is a prime example of how to create an interesting compact SUV. Priced between $23,500 and $39,000 before on-road costs, the Kona looks a bit larger than its rivals on the outside, with a pugnacious face and chunky details.
Power comes from a choice of 2.0-litre naturally aspirated and 1.6-litre turbocharged petrol engines, which are mated with a six-speed torque converter and seven-speed dual-clutch transmission respectively. It’s a bit of a pocket rocket with the turbocharged engine onboard, but even the base model is comfortable to sit in, efficient to run, and appropriately fun to drive.
What is the most reliable small car 2020?
1. Dacia Sandero (2013-2020) The previous-generation Sandero comes in at first place as the most reliable small car with a 100% reliability rating because an exceptional zero faults were recorded by owners over the past year.
What car gives less problems?
Which brand of car is most reliable? These are the most dependable vehicles on the market Classic Mustang, Plymouth Satellite and more get electric upgrade A group of car enthusiasts and tinkerers are turning old sports cars and muscle cars into electric vehicles. Looking for a dependable vehicle? Kia, Buick and Chevrolet are some of your best nonpremium bets, according to a new report from J.D.
- Power. annual vehicle dependability study found 186 problems per 100 vehicles on average, a slight improvement from last year’s score of 192.
- A year-over-year improvement is expected as manufacturers learn from past mistakes, according to Frank Hanley, senior director of auto benchmarking at J.D. Power.
“This means as many consumers are keeping their vehicles for a longer period of time they than they have in the past,” he told USA TODAY in an emailed statement. “Looking at what models are holding up over time before purchasing is the best way to avoid problems in the long run.” Car insurance: Recalls: The study, released Thursday, looked at how 2020 model-year cars are performing in terms of quality, appeal and component replacement.
What vehicle has fewest problems?
The product evaluation service released its annual auto reliability report this week. The report found that Lexus and Toyota make the most reliable cars, while Jeep and Mercedes-Benz make the ones you can depend on least.
What is the number 1 most reliable car?
According to this trusted organization, the most reliable cars for 2021 are from brands such as Audi, Buick, Hyundai, and Toyota. The Consumer Reports study is based on surveying more than 400,000 people who own current-generation vehicles made within the last three years.
How good are Mazda cars?
Are Mazdas Reliable? – One of the main reasons Mazda got and kept its reputation is its dependability. According to a survey conducted by MotorEasy, Mazda placed 19th on the list of dependable cars. In this analysis, cars are put up against one another regarding services and repairs needed and overall reliability.
- When looking at non-electrical parts of their lineup of vehicles to the transmission, the Mazda ranks high.
- Compared to other top-rated brands, Mazda is ranked with other reliable brands like Lexus, Honda, Toyota, and Suzuki.
- This has made many buyers turn toward the Mazda, as it’s affordable and durable.
The cars don’t seem to spend a lot of time in the shop getting fixed up and tend to stay sturdy, more often than getting repaired on the road. In addition, though looks don’t speak much about performance, the Mazda is known for its sharp lines and sophisticated looks.
What SUV won SUV of the year?
202o SUV of the Year Winner: Kia Telluride The Kia Telluride’s achievement as winner of MotorTrend’s 2020 SUV of the Year award is more inevitability than incongruity.
Which 2020 SUV has the most safety features?
2020 Mazda CX-9 – Upgraded models of the 2020 Mazda CX-9, the automaker’s largest crossover, join others in the automaker’s lineup in attaining the 2020 Top Safety Pick+ designation from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Mazda leads the industry with more IIHS awards than any other automaker.
- The top award is only for models built after December 2019, which is when the crossover got upgraded headlights.
- Adding the optional adaptive headlights with high-beam assist was enough to get a Good headlight rating and the highest overall 2020 Top Safety Pick+ safety rating.
- Before Mazda upgraded the standard static LED headlights of lower trims, those base units only received a Marginal rating instead of the Good rating of newer-built models Like the CX-3 and CX-5, the larger, three-row CX-9 crossover has Mazda’s i-Activsense series of advanced safety technologies, and it is now standard across all trim levels.
The 2020 CX-9 protects its occupants with: forward collision warning with pedestrian detection; upgraded automatic emergency braking; lane-departure warning with lane-keep assist; blind-spot monitoring with rear-cross traffic alert; automatic high beams; and adaptive cruise control.
What is the greenest SUV 2020?
2020 Honda CR-V Named Green SUV of the Year by Green Car Journal LOS ANGELES, Nov.21, 2019 /PRNewswire/ – The freshened 2020 and all-new have been named the 2020 Green SUV of the Year by Green Car Journal, the second time Honda has won Green SUV of the Year, and the sixth time a Honda vehicle has earned recognition from Green Car Journal,
- The freshened 2020 Honda CR-V and all-new CR-V Hybrid have been named the 2020 Green SUV of the Year by Green Car Journal today, the second time Honda has won Green SUV of the Year, and the sixth time a Honda vehicle has earned recognition from Green Car Journal.
- Honda’s CR-V is already efficient as a conventionally-powered model and well-established as a driver favorite,” said Ron Cogan, editor and publisher of Green Car Journal and,
“The addition of a new all-wheel drive CR-V using Honda’s proven two-mode hybrid system is an exceptional move, offering buyers an even more compelling reason to consider this award-winning model at the showroom.” The 2020 CR-V went on-sale in October with freshened exterior styling and upgraded features, including standard Honda Sensing ® safety and driver-assistive technology for all trims (previously EX and above), and a more powerful engine for the CR-V LX—Honda’s 1.5-liter turbo.
- The all-new 2020 CR-V Hybrid, launching early next year, is Honda’s first hybrid SUV in America and is expected to be the company’s top-selling hybrid model.
- Honda was recently recognized by the U.S.
- EPA as having the highest fleet-average fuel economy of any automaker.
- In pursuit of its goal to halve the company’s global CO 2 emissions by 2050 (compared to 2000 levels), Honda is aiming to electrify two-thirds of its global automobile sales by 2030.
In the U.S., Honda electrified vehicle sales in 2019 are up 34 percent from year-ago results to more than 50,000 hybrids, plug-in hybrids and fuel cell vehicles, with hybrid sales alone up 82 percent for the year. The 2020 CR-V and CR-V Hybrid mark the sixth time Honda has been awarded by Green Car Journal,
Last year, the 2019 Honda Insight became the fourth Honda passenger car to win Green Car of the Year, joining prior winners the 2012 Honda Civic Natural Gas, 2014 Honda Accord, and 2018 Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid, Clarity Electric and Clarity Fuel Cell, while the 2016 Honda HR-V won Green SUV of the Year.
10 Best Small SUV 2019 – Cheap New & Updated Models 2020
About Honda Honda offers a full line of reliable, fuel-efficient and fun-to-drive vehicles with advanced safety technologies sold through over 1,000 independent U.S. Honda dealers. The Honda lineup includes the Fit, Civic, Insight, Accord and Clarity series passenger cars, along with the HR-V, CR-V, Passport and Pilot sport utility vehicles, the Ridgeline pickup and the Odyssey minivan.
Honda has been producing automobiles in America for more than 35 years and currently operates 19 major manufacturing facilities in North America, In 2018, more than 90 percent of all Honda brand vehicles sold in the U.S. were made in North America, using domestic and globally sourced parts. For More Information Additional media information including detailed pricing features and high-resolution photography of all 2020 Honda models is available at hondanews.com.
Consumer information is available at automobiles.honda.com. To join the Honda community on Facebook, visit facebook.com/honda. SOURCE American Honda Motor Co., Inc.